Maybe someone can start a useful thread -- CONFLICTION REPORT

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Ghost_ARCHER, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost_ARCHER

Ghost_ARCHER Registered Member

After having "happily" installed KAV2009 on my laptop, I found I made a mistake. Jetico 1 starts to pop up weird message again. (Yes, again, I had some weird popup like "firefox want to access 0.0.0.0" repeatly with KIS 7). I googled and saw someone said there were problems, but I also saw claims "conflict with KIS has been fixed".

So I was wondering if we have some thread for conflict report between security softwares. If not, I would report something here

Windows XP home with SP3
    Confliction:
    Jetico 1 firewall with Kaspersky AV 2009
    Behavior:
    1. Jetico keeps popping weird messages
    a. remote ip 0.0.0.0 endless popup.
    b. False program request -- when start firefox, jetico might ask for permission for KAV
    c. Duplicate rules -- exactly same rules (include hash) will be made by Jetico 1
    2. Wireless interface instable:
    a. Frequent dropping
    b. Repair network sometime died completely
    c. Lost connection after sleep and can not automatically reconnect
    d. Seems speed drops to wireless B or less (11Mbps to 2 Mbps)

Additional Info:
    Jetico 1 works well with Avira Free 8, 9

Question:
    Is there any free light third party window xp firewall fully compatible with KAV? I would like download size under 10M, fast start time, relatively low foot print (compare to pctool).

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Ghost Archer

While there is nothing wrong with posting about conflicts here, there is probably little to be gained. They will only be resolved by posting to the vendors.

ALso a conflict you have may not necessarily be experienced by another user. The only way to know for sure is to try and see what happens. Unfortunately there is no other sure fire way.

Pete

3. Ghost_ARCHER

Ghost_ARCHER Registered Member

Hi, Pete:

Thanks.

I think if someone posts their experience about jetico kav conflict and some others agrees, I will not trying it any more -- that is the value of experience :)

Maybe I am in a wrong manner. Firewall is much less weighted than AV -- I should choose AV then decide which firewall to use :(

4. kenn316

kenn316 Registered Member

All I know is that I will no longer use Avira. First I got a BSOD with it and PC TOOLS Firewall on my sisters Vista laptop. Then on my own computer I got a BSOD with it and Outpost Firewall and I run XP. This was right after installing both. I read that for other people they work fine together. I don't understand why I had the problem but others didn't. Then there are people that have problems with stuff that work just fine for me. Again this is all from my personal experience.

Last edited: May 17, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.