Maybe one of you can help me here

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by robinb9, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

Before i call dell and give up, I purchased a brand new latitude E5510 and am trying to do windows security updates. When doing the updates i am getting an error code 8007EE2 but i notice that it says "you receive updates: managed by your system administrator. I set him up as an administrator. If i click on the highlighted below- check online from Microsoft Update- I get the updates but if i allow it to automatically get updates or even click on it myself it reverts back to the Managed by your system administrator. Any ideas how to fix this?
    I did some searching and seem to be getting no where
    I figured one of you here might find a solution for me and if not i will call dell and see if they can fix this or the laptop is going back.

This laptop was bought for one individual not a major company and this is the first time i am seeing this so i am assuming there is a group policy wrong somewhere and i just cannot figure it out

any help would be greatly appreciated
    robin

2. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

3. robinb

robinb Registered Member

i have the computer off now- my brain was fried trying to figure this out but tomorrow i will try their solution

if it works you are getting a huge kiss and a thanks
    if it doesn't hopefully someone else has a solution
    all i really want to know is how to turn off WSUS and go back to Microsoft Updates as the default.

I will let you know

robin

4. midway40

Yeah, I am experienced in brain-frying so I know what you are going through, lol. I hope it works out for you :)

5. robinb9

well that did not work :(
    this computer is definitely on some kind of group policy because i went into where the domain is and i noticed that the computer name is totally different then the name i had put in and i went to one of the reg keys and local _machine\software\policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windowsupdate\au and saw wvserver http://172.23.49.241 which has nothing to do with his machine nor my ip address that the computer is sitting on now
    Also when i went into domain setting and told the computer this is a home based computer not on a networked company computer it would not allow me to change it.
    Next call is out to dell
    robin

6. robinb9

ok called dell, they could not figure this out at all so they gave me a RMA and scheduled a pickup for Monday and a full cancellation refund back.

I just purchased another one from Dell, hopefully that one will go fine.
    robin

7. midway40

Sorry to hear about that, Robin. It had to be some setting in Group Policy that was causing the problem. Dell will probably reinstall the OS on that laptop and turn around and sell it as a refurb :shifty: Let's hope this next one has no problems.

I got a Inspiron 17r about three weeks ago and everything is ok so far (knock on wood).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.