Maxtor One Touch ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jwhit, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwhit

jwhit Registered Member

How can I get the "one touch" button to automatically launch my incremental backup? Also, can you not use the start up recovery manager with an external firewire HD?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jwhit,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We regret to inform you that current version of Acronis True Image cannot launch image creation in any way besides those described in the User's Guide. However you may contact Maxtor Support Team for the possible solution.

You will be able to use Acronis Startup Recovery Manager with your firewire drive if your BIOS allows you to boot via firewire.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. nar3sh

nar3sh Registered Member

Dude, set up a scheduled backup that does what you want, but don't set a time for it. Then find where that scheduled info is stored (Documents and settings\your user name\acronis\somewhere around here) and set your Maxtor HDD to open that file when you press the button. NB You have to use old-school directory naming (e.g. c:\docume~1\userna~1\etc etc).

4. nar3sh

nar3sh Registered Member

*bump*

May I humbly recommend that Acronis checks out my response and rewrites it for their FAQ? I couldn't find anything on this anyware, and it was an important decision when chosing TI as the ol' "One Touch" button takes a lot of effort out of making regular backups. I'd be more than happy to clarify the steps above in detail.

All the best.

5. jwhit

jwhit Registered Member

yes, you are quite correct! create a scheduled task with out a run time and then just find the script for it and open your "one touch" application and assign the script to it. I found it in C:\documents and settings\"username"\application data\acronis\true image\scripts\"choose the created script" and the amazing thing is...I'm not backing up to the "One Touch" external, but to a second internal (due to boot reasons and being a safety fanatic). It's running now in the background, will let you know on it's integrity!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.