Maximum Backups does not work in TI-10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mbsolomon, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatFan432

CatFan432 Registered Member

popechild,

Way to go. I’m very remedial when it comes to networking; my network is the path from here to the coffee pot. If you proceed and purchase the full program, once you are registered you might want to send your thoughts on a bug to Acronis. I’ve found them responsive in the past, but I will caution that there can be days between back and forth emails. Since Beta testing is normally pre-release, I just see us all as Alpha testers.

CatFan

2. CatFan432

3. popechild

popechild Registered Member

Thanks CatFan, I saw that thread, but unfortunately the only fix it points to is a clean wipe of TI and re-install, which worked for the person in that thread, but did not make a difference for me.

Unfortunately, I've encountered yet another problem - which deems the solution found so far to be fairly worthless. I'm starting to hate this product. :'(

All of my tests before were run with "do not start automatically" set in the task options, because I just wanted to start them quickly over and over. That led me to the "mapped" drive solutoin (using Y: instead of \\htpc\e\BackupFolder).

But once I figured out I could do that, I went ahead and setup a scheduled, automated task and had it scheduled to run overnight. Woke up this morning and had errors all over the place (""Failed to open the file Y:\ for write: Cannot open archive for writing. (0x400003)
    path = "Y:\"
    Tag = 0xD7386B598A774D60
    End of file was encountered. (0x40002)
    Tag = 0xC1C09B38BAFA78A8.")

After more testing, I've discovered that I cannot write to mapped drives (Y:) on a schedule, even though I can write to the exact same drive on a scheduled task if it is linked to as a network drive (\\htpc\e\BackupFolder). But of course, the Backup Policy doesn't work if it's a network drive, only if it's mapped locally (Y:).

Curses!!! This is a cruel, cruel program...
    Should I start a new thread detailing what I've found to see if anyone else might have a solution?

4. CatFan432

popechild,

A new thread might be a good idea. I'm in over my head on anything networked after step one. The thread we both looked at indicated to me that Acronis was aware there are issues of one kind or another with this feature, perhaps the next release will resolve them. ATI works great for me, but I'm doing everything locally on my system.

Good luck,
    CatFan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.