Matt - How to Update - Archive's Comment ?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by JosephB, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JosephB

JosephB Registered Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Matt Spathes (or Paragon Community Users),

I created a couple of Archives with the wrong Comment description which I rely on to tell me what pc software updates I had performed that are reflected in the specific Backup Archive that I created. I don't want to create the backup again just to use a new comment escription and some Backup Archives are a few days old and I can recreate that backup to reflect the condition of what software was installed then.

... So, bottom line is that I just want an easy way to Update the Archive's Comment (Label= field) in the Paragon Archive Database.

... So, I was expecting to find an easy way to update the archive's comment in the GUI - Archive Tab Screen, bit its just *not* there.
    1. You right click an Archive, but there is no option listed to update/rename the "Comment". *** This is a basic feature that should be there, but is *not* !!! (BTW, Please add a request to the Support Team to add this feature in the next update of B&R Home.

2. I am really hoping that must be same way to Update an Archive's - Comment (Label=) Field from within a Paragon PSL Script that I could just create and run to Update an Archive's - Comment (Label=) Field of an "Existing Archive". But, the Paragon PSL - Script User's Guide is *Not* too clear on the commands and scripting language. Ido *not* want to experiment and take the chance of corrupting my "Existing Archives".

...Therefore, can you create me a Paragon - PSL Script Example that will "Rename/Update" an Existing Archive's "Comment" Field ??
    ... P.S. Also, Please Request that the Developers add this "Basic", but yet essential feature/command to both:

the "Right Click an Archive" option of the Archive Tab - GUI.
    2. As well as adding a Comment Field to the GUI Popup Dialog Window - for Add an Archive to the Database" function.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.