Matousek and av comparatives.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Doc Serenity, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc Serenity

Doc Serenity Registered Member

AV Test.org and AV Comparatives.

I was hoping somebody could help with this.
    I believe that AV Test.org antivirus tests are available to the general public, but I can't find them.
    I know he sells the results to publications requesting the results of certain products being tested, but I'm just one person trying to hook up with some info.
    Also, when does av comparatives publish it's findings? It's now the middle of May and nothing yet.
    Regards.
    Doc

Last edited: May 17, 2007
  2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I believe the May Comparative should be available in early June. IBK can better answer this question, when he returns from his AV Testing seminar.
    Not sure about Matousek's antivirus tests

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

It's supposed to be at the end of the month in which the test is conducted I believe. But IBK is more often than not a few days early.

4. MalwareDie

MalwareDie Registered Member

Usually the first of June for the the next test unless its delayed. of course if we are lucky maybe even may 31.

5. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Yes the tests are normally CONDUCTED in May and the results released on or around the 1st of June. He (IBK) has been known to release results early on occassion. as long as things go smoothly, I think there was once when they were released late.

6. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Matousec does not do antivirus comparatives. Their focus is personal firewall comparatives per their definition of personal firewall (What do we analyse?):

"when we say Personal Firewalls we talk about desktop security products which are commonly designed to enhance the security of operating systems by implementing process related security..."

Their Leak-tests results do include some AVs that meet that requirement.

Somewhat OT, their latest advisory is interesting: Bypassing PFW/HIPS open process control with uncommon identifier.

Nick

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

According to the site , it would be actually 1 June

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.