MATLAB and resorces

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hadi, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi all
    I have MATLAB 7 installed, like any other application its excuted when needed. In processes (ctrl-alt-delete>processes tab) I have these two entries:
    MATLAB.exe SYSTEM 50Mb
    matlabserver.exe SYSTEM 12Mb

are these necessary to run all the time. can they be stopped for good. thanks

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

As I recall, on my Matlab install, I only have Matlab related processes running while I am running the Matlab environment. My version was a standalone workstation install, is yours the same or does it run off a network?

Blue

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi hadi,

I already used that version and like the olders, you can disable that service and MatLab still works fine... ;)

Regards

4. hadi

hadi Guest

Hi
    Its stand alone "MATLAB 7.0.4 SP2". The the two processes running all day long, which consume quite a resorces.

Hi
    How to disable them please! Thanks

5. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services, than select that service and with the right click choose Properties and in Startup Type choose "Manual" or "Disable" ;)

6. hadi

hadi Guest

very kind. Thanks

7. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

You are welcome ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.