MasterCard chip and PIN hits 88 percent in US, but merchant support still slim

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by ronjor, Sep 12, 2016.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Liam Tung (CSO Online) on 13 September, 2016 04:41

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I have not used chip and PIN for years, I use contactless only, I do not think, I would even know, how to put a card into the terminal.
    I especially love the small sticker with a wolfy, I put it to the tiny pocket on jeans, easily accessible, very fast and convenient use.

3. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

I wish the next president (either one) would simply stand firm on NO magnetic strip transactions will be legal to process. I am not trying to appear radical, but using a magnetic strip is like driving with a blindfold on and then wondering why you had an accident. I actually get a little miffed when I pull out my chip card and the merchant's machine has a note that the chip is not supported yet. Really??

If our Congress can't get this done maybe MC and Visa could get together and start charging a small percentage higher fee for non-chip use. If the big box stores had to pay 0.25% more for non-chip they would have the chip reader activated overnight.

4. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

Each year millions of Americans suffer from credit card fraud. So why did card issuers cut corners on card safety?
    http://www.salon.com/2016/10/07/who...given-you-a-fraud-safe-credit-card-but-didnt/

5. quietman

quietman Registered Member

Given the levels of commerce in the USA , I am always astounded at how slow financial institutions are
    at keeping up with new developments in transaction security .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.