Master Image Creation Bootable Media (CD) freezes @ "Starting Acronis Loader..."

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by MikeyT, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeyT

MikeyT Guest

Hi, I've been attempting to evaluate the Acronis Snap Deploy Software for some time now. After having many failed attempts at using the remote image creation feature (always froze with 10 minutes remaining), Acronis Support advised me to create images using the Image Creation Bootable Media option. After creating the bootable media that is supposed to allow me to boot the target PC for image creation, I tried to test it on one of our PC's in our lab and everytime is freezes where is says "Starting Acronis Loader...". I've tried re-creating the cd several times and tested the CD's on multiple hardware configurations. Any ideas as to why it freezes while loading the Acronis Loader? It happens immediately after it starts booting from the CD, and before any GUI part of the Loader appears. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we are getting close to our deployment deadline and have still yet to get the Acronis Snap Deploy Software to successfully create a master image of any sort. Thanks for your timely support!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MikeyT,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround described at Acronis Help Post (it is the same both for Acronis True Image bootable CD and Acronis Snap Deploy bootable CD) and if it doesn't help please create sysinfo.txt file in the way described there and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Moderators,

I can't help thinking this Thread needs to be moved to the Other Acronis Products forum. Or am I missing something?

Kind regards

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  4. Acronis Support

Hello Tom,

Oops... You are right, my bad. Just forgot to do it after reply.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. MikeyT

MikeyT Guest

What exactly is meant by the "full version" of the acronis rescue cd? I only see the option to create either a bootable master creation cd or an acronis deployment cd. Which of these is considered full version?

6. Acronis Support

Hello MikeyT,

I am sorry for the vagueness of the instructions. Acronis True Image does have the option of creating full and safe versions of Acronis Bootable CD. The CD you created with Acronis Snap Deploy is full version (in fact, Acronis Snap Deploy can only create the full version of the CD). Please provide us with the sysinfo.txt file and we will try to solve the issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. MikeyT

MikeyT Guest

OK, So I have tried using the F11 trick at the point in which is says "Acronis Boot Loader...", but at this point the computers seem to already be frozen, and all that is possible to do is reboot. Since I cannot get to any command prompt, How should I got about making a sysinfo.txt file that can assist you in helping me?

8. Acronis Support

Hello MikeyT,

The F11 key should work when you see the "Starting Acronis Loader" message. Please note that this message is shown before you get Acronis blue splash screen. Please try to press the F11 key in advance in case the computer performance is very high and the message disappears too rapidly.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. MikeyT

MikeyT Guest

Well I've tried it again, but no luck. I started hitting F11 as soon as the computer started scanning the cd rom for bootable media, and it still just sits there frozen, never going past the "Starting Acronis Loader..." screen.

10. Acronis Support

Hello MikeyT,

This is very strange that you cannot access Linux Kernel Settings. Could you please send the description of the issue to support@acronis.com indicating in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ivan Belinsky? He will try to help you with the solution of the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.