Master Browser stopped??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Marja, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Master browser points to a Windows networking function, whereby netbios address data is made available to all windows systems on a network. This may be needed for, say, management functions. If there is no master browser defined, a regular windows workstation may be appointed as master browser. If there is no mastre browser, all windows systems may have a hard time finding their peers in the network.
    Problems can arise in routed or switched networks where netbios traffic is not routed, so management functions cannot be handled.

It looks like a strange error. Are you by any chance connected to an Exchange server?

2. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Hi Meneer!

No, it is just me on one computer, that is why I thought the server questions I got back at MS KB was off the mark?

I am hoping it was just the ISP, so far I haven't seen the same error, it's working fine, now, but just wish I knew how to fix it, it it ever does it again! Just got through checking with all the connections and nothing is out of order...put a ticket in...maybe I will get a response. ;)

Thanks for helping, if I DO find out what it is, I will post it....someone should have had it happen, can't be just me and my possessed computer! :D

Cheers!
    Marja:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.