Marking files as false positives

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Baz_kasp, Nov 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

One of my relatives is using Prevx on their netbook at my reccomendation. Their last scan showed that acs.exe is a malware and should be removed. Luckily before they removed it they gave me a call, and I realised that acs.exe is a component related to their atheros wifi card.

Obviously going through the save a scan log and send it to X was a bit much to do over the phone whilst driving so I told them to right click and mark the file as a false positive.

My question is, if a file is marked as a false positive, is any kind of indication sent back to PX so that it can be verified and removed if indeed found to be false, or is it just a local override?

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Now explain why that releative isnt using Kaspersky? Mother-in-law? Totally understandable.;)

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

You can right click the file and have it sent to prevx as a false positive, They are normally pretty quick about getting that resolved. :cool: I also believe when its marked as a false positive its automatically sent to prevx for analysis.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It is - FPs will be fixed very quickly if they are of any volume but it is possible for single reports to be buried down. I'll keep an eye out for the acs.exe file, however - we have a few thousand acs.exe's that are definitely bad (looks to be a popular infection from hidden registry keys) but we should have it fixed for all users as soon as we find which file it is referring to.

5. Baz_kasp

Baz_kasp Registered Member

Aunt, actually :D

It's a teeny weeny toshiba netbook, so I didn't want to burden it wil a full blown clientside av. Prolongs the battery life and allows it to be more responsive imo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.