mapisp32 caused an error in kernel32.dll

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by msaini, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msaini

msaini Registered Member

I have been experiencing problems recently on MSOutlook. I think I cleaned out all of the "bridge.dll" junk, but may have goofed something else up in the process.

The error I receive seems to prevent MSOutlook from sending any messages. It says something like:
    mapisp32 has casued an error in kernel32.dll and will now shut down

I can't send any e-mail without restarting everytime. Here's my log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
    Scan saved at 11:59:33 AM, on 6/2/2004
    Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\DEFWATCH.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\RTVSCN95.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ATI2EVXX.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ATI2CWXX.EXE
    C:\COMPAQ\CPQINET\CPQINET.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\LOADQM.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMPAQ\EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT\BTTNSERV.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\NORTON ANTIVIRUS\VPTRAY.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMPAQ\EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT\EAUSBKBD.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MAXIMIZER\MAXWIN.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\MAXIMIZER\MADATA6\MADATA6.DAT
    C:\PVSW\BIN\W3DBSMGR.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\TD_0001.DIR\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 6.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.DLL
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1C4DA27D-4D52-4465-A089-98E01BB725CA} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\INETDCTR.DLL
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCHealth] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPOLAB] ati2evxx.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Ati2cwxx] Ati2cwxx.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CPQInet] c:\compaq\CPQInet\CpqInet.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadQM] loadqm.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\vptray.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [defwatch] C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\defwatch.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [rtvscn95] C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\rtvscn95.exe
    O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
    O9 - Extra button: Related (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links (HKLM)
    O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
    O16 - DPF: {3E68E405-C6DE-49FF-83AE-41EE9F4C36CE} (Office Update Installation Engine) - http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/content/opuc.cab

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    MS

2. Newkid

Newkid Spyware Fighter

Hello MS !

Welcome to Wilders ! :)

Well first we would need to know exactly what outlook you have. 97 or 98? or 2000? Because MAPIsp32 errors can be caused by several different reasons. One quick option might be to right click on my computer, click on Graphics button, Drag the hardware acceleration bar to none.

Apart from that, you just need to fix 2 entries in HJT Log. Please close down all the browers windows and other window instances have hijackthis fix the following entries :

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1C4DA27D-4D52-4465-A089-98E01BB725CA} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\INETDCTR.DLL
    O4 - Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE

The entry in blue color is optional to remove. It's basically a resource hog.

Reboot your machine and boot into safe mode by tapping F8 key(8-9 times) at bootup.

This may happen that file is hidden so first unhide the files using following instructions...
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...Virus Corporate Edition&ver=8.x&osv=&osv_lvl=

Search and If present, delete all the following file(s)..

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\INETDCTR.DLL <-- Delete this file

Reboot your machine and boot into normal mode.

With Thanks !
    Newkid !

3. msaini

msaini Registered Member

Hi NewKid,

Thanks for your help. I am still having the same error coming up with mapisp32.

I am running Office/Outlook 2000.

4. Newkid

Newkid Spyware Fighter

Hello MS !

To resolve this issue, rename the Mapi32.dll file and then reinstall Outlook to place a new copy of Mapi32.dll on your computer.

To rename the Mapi32.dll file:

Click Start, point to Find, and then click Files or Folders.In the Named box, type Mapi32.dll. In the Look in box, click My Computer, and then click Find Now.
    Right-click the Mapi32.dll file, click Rename, and then type Mapi32.old or anything. Press ENTER to accept the name change.

If there are multiple copies of Mapi32.dll, rename them all.

To reinstall Outlook:

If you have recently received an Invalid Page Fault error message, restart your computer to clear the memory. With no programs running, click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

Double-click Add/Remove Programs, click Microsoft Office 2k, and then click Add/Remove. In the Office 2000 Setup Maintenance Wizard, click Reinstall. Continue with any other dialog boxes in Setup to perform the reinstallation.

When you've done all, restart your computer.

Hope this help !

With Thanks !
    Newkid !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.