Map Shows Mobile Devices + Twitter Use

Discussion in 'hardware' started by SweX, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Interesting.

3. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Does anyone believe in privacy these days? Minding their business? Do you really care when Joe, Jane or Fred take a dump?

Do people really believe others want to know their daily routines?

I don't like it. Why not just implant RFID devices in all newborns from now on.

4. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Bill, location information is a user selectable option in twitter.

5. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Oh, I know. I am just ranting. I just don't like how social media now runs, and can so easily ruin our lives. I note a resume cover letter used to be the tool used to get potential employers to read your resume, then hopefully get you that all important interview. Today, all a cover letter does is get those potential employers to view your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media to learn all about your personal life and your character.

I guess I am just too old fashioned because I still think good fences make good neighbors.

6. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I think that too, you're welcome :)

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Yeah, noticed that iPhones are everywhere in the USA, while in other countries Android dominates. :D

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I guess you have noticed that you can click on the buttons/tabs too right? To activate/deactivate the layers.

Like if you click on the red "iphone" tab to deactivate it, then the U.S. will also turn more green. And if you deactivate both the iPhone and Android tabs, then it's easier to see where the Blackberry users are too.

Just FYI if you didn't know already ;)

9. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Android colour bias, no wonder it looked unrealistic. Green appears to go underneath every other colour. Both purple appears to be on top (hard to differentiate which topmost).

Is it ordered by overall popularity ascending (lowest topmost), or regional popularity descending (highest topmost)? Although I think it should be the latter, I've a strong feeling it's the former.

10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Yeah i know but i noticed that in the US it looked like iOS devices were a lot more common compared to Android vs other countries.

11. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Right I understand :)

12. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I've actually contacted them, and they've proposed an acceptable solution. Too bad there are no further responses.

13. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

On an equally other note I notice social media via mobile telephones is quite epidemic today like a highly additive drug. It once was thought to offer helpful convenience and it can. However it's becoming used more frequently as a wireless phsyco-analytical device that easily profiles it's user's habits as well as their personal development and so forth.

As i drive normal speed down any road it's almost always apparent when a driver is preoccupied with their handheld mobile device while driving. This includes somewhat older people too anymore.

I'm kinda old school myself from a simpler time growing up and with all this social media craze going on today, it's proving more of distraction then it's intended purpose at the start. But such is with anything new this widely affordable,popular and fascinating.

Socially on the local level i seen social media completely unhinge once solid relationships and totally unroot and utterly destroy marriages with just a few choice touches of a keypad.

It's going to prove a mighty rough ride for all in this new technology age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.