Manualy Change Nod Settings

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Mikecl, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikecl

Mikecl Registered Member

Hi,

I have some machines that it is not possible to push NOD V4 although the machines report having NOD installed. Is it possible to change the update and remote administration settings either from the comand line or by copying the xml file to the remote machine where you dont have physical access to the machine or RDP access?

Thanks

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Mikecl,

There is no way to do this without access. Is there any way that you can check to be sure that ESET NOD32 Antivirus in in fact installed and running on the machines?

Thank you,
    Richard

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

If the remote registry service is running, you can connect with Regedit and modify the keys in HKLM\Software\Eset\Eset Security\CurrentVersion\Plugins\01000600\Profiles\@My profile items "RAClientEnabled" "RAClientPassword" and "RACLientServer". Maybe export those out from a client that is configured the way you want it and go from there. You will need a reboot for those changes to take effect.

4. Mikecl

Mikecl Registered Member

Hi Thanks for the info. I will try that,
    I was planning to use pstools to either copy the file if I could find which file on the clients held the settings.

Thanks Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.