Manually uninstalling SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mad-Mark, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mad-Mark

Mad-Mark Registered Member

Hello all.

I had a problem adressed before; when trying to uninstall Spywareblaster I get a "uninst000.dat is in a format not recognized by this version of the uninstaller, cannot uninstall."

After a system restore (Win XP SP2), it seems that Spywareblaster reversed from Ver. 3.3 to ver. 3.2; hence the uninstaller problem.

Reinstalling ver. 3.2 and trying to uninstall didn't work for me.

So here is a simple trick I used:

1- Run SpywareBlaster and disable all protection.
    2- Go to the folder where SpywareBlaster is installed (typically "Program Files\SpywareBlaster" and delete the "uninst000.dat" file.
    3- Reinstall Ver. 3.2

This creates a new .dat file and SB 3.2 can be uninstalled normally.

Can somebody tell me if this was right? I didn't see any problems afterwards, but is this a good idea?

Also, is there a way to manually uninstall SpywareBlaster? Or is it just a matter of deleting the folder?

Thanks for your help.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Yes that method would work - and shouldn't cause any problems either. :)

I generally don't recommend manually just deleting that folder, as it may leave some registry entries, etc. behind (nothing that should cause any problems, but it's nice to have it removed by the uninstaller nonetheless).

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.