manually delete secure zone images?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 2nickelstripper, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2nickelstripper

2nickelstripper Registered Member

Can you manually delete images from the secure zone?

I would like to keep my original image file, and not have it overwritten automatically.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

No. Image management is automatically controlled by TI. Make another image to a different location if you want to mange them your self. Create a backup location and then you set up the rules to do what you want.

3. Blogy

Blogy Registered Member

there isn't any way to delete a backup in the Secure Zone ? :rolleyes:

So what do I do when the Secure ZOne is full?
    What about old backups that are not needed anymore?

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Providing you make full images from time to time automatic FIFO management will kick in. The oldest image will be deleted to make room for the newest one.

You have set aside a secure zone volume and TI will do its best to utilise the space. Any unwanted images will eventually fall out the bottom as new ones are added.

If you ever get an out of space error when running an incremental or differential do not panic. Just run a full image instead and FIFO will take care of it.
    At least that is how it works with all versions before TI 11. I did not keep that progam on my computer long enough to test its functionality in this area.

Xpilot

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You might try using Backup Locations instead of a SZ. It performs the same auotmated deletion function (even uses some of the same dlls, iirc) but doesn't require a special hidden partition so you can copy or delete the backup files anytime you want using windows Explorer.

6. Blogy

Blogy Registered Member

Thank you, I will go with backup location instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.