Manually close used files and retry the operation?

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Jonday, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonday

Jonday Registered Member

Hello,
    I have Paragon Disk Wiper 8.5 Professional. I just want to wipe "clear the free space" from my D: drive which has Windows XP on it as well as the Disk Wiper program. C: drive has Windows 98 on it and is not involved. Wipe Wizard goes through its sequences and I finish/close the wizard. Then I click "apply pending changes" and a window pops up and says "Operation "extended wipe partition or disk" cannot be completed because Volume D: is being used now. Please try the following, Manually close used files and retry the operation".
    Do I need to run Disk Wiper from C: drive to work on D: drive? Or do I need to run the Wiping Media Builder Disk from my CD drive?
    All I want to do is destroy already shredded and deleted files I have done with other programs (Eraser) but the file names still exist on the deleted files when I use PC Inspector to view them.
    Any help on the correct way to accomplish my task would be appreciated. I hope that Disk Wiper will do what I want; scan the file table for previously deleted files and wipe out the file names of deleted entries?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Jonday

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.