manual update problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by joroxx, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joroxx

joroxx Registered Member

folks, i've read and followed all suggestions in the KB, FAQ, and troubleshooting guides and i still can't manually update SB. i get the same errors everybody here gets when they try to manually update SB.

could it be that the FAQs, KBs, are outdated? anyone here have successfully done a manual update?

fyi, my connection goes thru ISA proxy server and my IE has all the necessary server settings and authentications to go to the web. SB has a setting to use such settings and it is what i use. still i can't update.

tia.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since there are a few error messages concerning updates....which one in particular are you receiving. That will help in respects to questions asked.

Just to be sure what you are meaning by "manual update"....are you speaking of the built-in updater (via "Check for Updates" button) ? Manual update to most means a method which involves using your browser and saving the 5 individual SpywareBlaster database files down to your system and placing them in the SpywareBlaster folder.

Also....the below link is the New knowledgebase. Is that the one you are questioning about being outdated ?

This link---> Javacool Software Knowledge Base

Could you please provide some more details about your system? Such as...

-Version of Windows
    -Any other security applications you have installed (anti-virus, firewall, etc.)

Regards,
    Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.