Manual update # of sigs different from Auto Update?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by fram, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fram

fram Registered Member

Hi

Why is it that the manual update # of sigs is always lagging behing the automatic update ?

As an example, the automatic update # of sigs is currently showing 418,398 threats (# taken from the ewido website) while the manual update has 411,994 sigs (for the past two or three days)

Doesn't the manual update file come from the same server(s) used for the automatic update ?

Thanks for any input on this :)

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

This surprised me, so I went to the update site:-

http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/

and find that the number of threats in the top right hand corner is identical to the number stated on the ewido GUI. Currently this is 419,105 threats.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Correct me if I am wrong fram but isn't this similar to a thread you participated in about a week ago that was also regarding differences in numbers and the suggestion by peter of ewido support was to Please try again :doubt:

While that does not answer the question of why they are different....just curious if you have tried manual update again and if so are you still experiencing the same result ?

Bubba

4. fram

fram Registered Member

Bubba

Yes I did indeed try for the past 3 days to run the manual update but still getting the same # of sigs (411,994). I just did the update 5 minutes ago with the full database update then with the smaller version. Still the same count. BTW, the ewido site shows 419,105 threats right now.

Sorry about the posting I should have tagged along the other one... my bad.:oops:

Anyway, I'm just curious about the difference between the two type of updates and why they're not in sync

Thanks.

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That was no problem I can assure you. I just wasn't sure if your question was concerning what was contained in that other thread and was attempting to understand your question better.

That is a good question and has been asked before but I do not recall or can not find a post where ewido support supplied an answer :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.