Manual Uninstall Query

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by siljaline, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Currently running NOD32 AV Business v4.0.467
    Installed components as follows:
    Shortly upon installation of this build (was install over-top) where, installer does the remove old build and installs new while maintaining old settings.

Been getting Blue Screens associated with NOD AV aka eamon.sys

Standard re-installs have not fixed this nor have complete uninstalls.

Would like to accomplish non-standard unintall routine via: SOLN2289 Yet, the KB Article does not cite what to do in the event of corrupt Winsock, if this occurs, uninstalling NOD in this non-standard way, what are my support options if I encounter a corrupt Winsock ?

Some samplings from my event viewer until I am able to upload minidumps.
    I hope the above are of some use to the ESET Dev Team in resolving this.

Have not been able to create a dump file using: [SOLN380] Suggestions, please

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

That's quite odd, neither V3 nor v4 register as an LSP at the Winsock layer. Does BSOD occur upon the next computer startup? I assume it doesn't happen immediately after upgrade from an older version as the previous drivers are used until the next computer restart.

I wonder if disabling Self-defense or (and) Anti-Stealth and restarting the computer makes a difference. Conveying a complete memory dump created during BSOD to us would most likely reveal the root cause of BSOD. If it's possible for you to cooperate on this matter, we will appreciate it.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

BSOD was random after upgrade, I was actually surprised to see a BSOD related to an ESET file, which I recognized right away.
    Attempting to upload, what I believe to be, recent dumps.

Marcos, please advise what file format I should use to upload the dump files as Zip is not supported.

My BSOD's were very similar to this new topic:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1550989&postcount=1

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.