Manual installation instead of Push Installation

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by ibrahim52, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibrahim52

ibrahim52 Registered Member

SOLVED : Manual installation instead of Push Installation

Hi,

I have around 30 and above computers and all of it are windows 7 professional or some are not in the domain, now instead of disabling firewall on each pc and making "push installation" from Eset Remote Admin Console. I am wondering if it is possible to create a package and then install the package manually using teamviewer from each user just like I used to have it with norton small business security. I used to compile a package and whenever I install in any computer it automatically joins the administration console. I actually did not see such option so finally posting it over here.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. er34

er34 Guest

Of course you can do it - no problem. When you log in with remote support software such as TeamViewer you control the machine :)

Two ways :
    1) Create the installation packages - install it and it will connect to the Remote Administrator Server
    2) Get the ESET product install file (.msi one) , create your custom configuration file (.xml one - but call it exactly cfg.xml) , place them in one folder (e.g. on the Desktop), run the MSI installer and it will install with the settings from the xml file and will then connect to the ERA (if you have configured so in the xml file).

3. ibrahim52

Honestly it is quite getting annoying as it is my first time with Eset Nod32 Remote administration console.

Thank you for your solutions, it worked but now the PC I did the installation is not appearing in CLIENTS pane of RAC.

4. dukeleto

dukeleto Registered Member

I came here to ask this question--how do you get a client which you manually installed to appear in the client list in RAC?

5. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

6. ibrahim52

Thanks everyone. A very intelligent customer rep. in Eset support of Middle east was able to solve my issue within 2 minutes. He went to advance option hitting F5 , and by going to Tools ---> Remote administration ---> selecting CONNECT TO REMOTE ADMINISTRATOR SERVER ---> insert server address below

and then for updates go to UPDATE ---> GENERAL ---> and add an update server address (i.e., server address where you have installed ESET RAC) and in following manner ( example :- http://ipaddress:2221) and thats it , it WORKED :D

7. ibrahim52

Simply installing .msi manually in each pc and doing the above steps will also make the computers visible in Clients pane within next restart which is good and it was too easy. It was truely the best support by Eset Customer Support Rep. simply genius.

8. dukeleto

dukeleto Registered Member

Can you tell me what your server string looked like? I did this and it still isn't showing up.
    ... but maybe that's because i didn't restart something? Are you referring to the server or the client which needs to be restarted?

9. ibrahim52

client only.

server string : because my ip address of the server is 192.168.1.100 I used http://192.168.1.100:2221 as an update server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.