Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by korben, Jul 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. korben

korben Registered Member

Mandriva Linux 2010.1 has been released: "Mandriva, the leading European publisher of Linux solutions, announces today the launch of the final version of Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring. Quicker, easier and more secure than ever, Mandriva Linux offers new functionalities which revolutionise the desktop. In a nutshell, Mandriva Linux 2010 Spring offers: complete, quick-to-install system, comprising all the necessary drivers; 'Smart Desktop', a unique technology, which offers dynamic access to all files by labelling them and grading photos, documents, emails and videos; Mandriva Directory Server (MDS), an easy-to-use LDAP directory management solution; tools to easily secure the system, parental control is easier than ever...." Read the rest of the press release for further details.
    http://www.mandriva.com/enterprise/en/company/press/mandriva-presents-mandriva-linux-2010-spring

http://www2.mandriva.com/downloads/

2. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

From their download site:
    Could someone here with experience in different linux flavours comment on this?

3. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

That statement is nothing but marketing hype. All distros make such statements...but Mandriva is quite, quite good and very newbie friendly. PCLinuxOS is based on Mandriva.

Mandriva has been having some financial problems here of late and just about went under but someone or some group came to their rescue. Now all is well. I'm glad to see it survived. I have a soft spot for Mandriva. It's the very first linux distro (10.0) I ever used (back in 2004). It was called Mandrake back then.

Later...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.