Managing Incremental Backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by foghorn, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

I understand that using the Secure Zone, the number of incremental backups is held at a certain level. Once the total size of such backups exceeds a certain point some of the older ones are deleted.

I do not wish to use the Secure Zone, but wanted to be clear about how the incremental backups work, so that I can manage them myself on a separate partition.

Is an incremental backup based upon the differences between the system at the time it is made and how the system was when the full image backup was made; or is it based upon the differences between when it was made and when the previous incremental backup was made.

In other words if I had 100 incremental daily backups, do I need the full set to do a restore, or just any chosen one plus the original full image.

If I need the full set it does make rolling deletion a bit tricky.

Thoughts please guys.

Thanks

2. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

This question was posted about a week ago but I'll save you the trouble of having to read through the entire thread!

During the course of the Restore Wizard you will be presented with a dialog containing all of the dates/times of your "100" incrementals plus the original full image. You select the 1 that you want to restore back to and TrueImage will handle the rest for you. And, I might add, TrueImage handles this well. Could not be any simpler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.