Managing Images

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Confused old man, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Confused old man

Confused old man Registered Member

I have created images of hard disks on a External USB Hard Drive. I would like to manage these Images by viewing the Image Files using Windows Explorer.
    When I view the External USB Hard Drive in Windows Explorer none of the Image Files are visible. The drive looks completely empty. Why aren't the image files visible? How can I view these files?

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

The image files are inside yellow folders.

If you let paragon use default naming , they look like this:

arc.jpg

Inside those folders are the actual files , they look like this:

arc-contents..jpg

Windows cannot see inside the image files.

You can use Paragon File transfer wizard or Paragon Volume Explorer ( one or both of those is included in your paragon product - depending which paragon product you have ) to see the image contents and copy out any individual bits - if you want to do so.

If yo can't see any folders on your external drive - either the contents of that drive are hidden in some way - or it is empty.

You could go to windows cotrol panel >folder options and make sure hidden files and protected operating system files are showing.

See if that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.