Managed services client "SAAZOD" is being detected even with heuristics turned off

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by tlamming, Dec 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlamming

tlamming Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if you can help. I use a managed services client that allows me to do various things like connect to my users remotely, do patches, scan for disk space issues, etc.

The problem is, that any time an update is pushed to the client, eset's heuristics engine finds the patches in the windows temp folder, and says that is a virus. This is very alarming for my clients.

Ive disabled advanced heurisitcs and http scanning, but it still pops up. Ive excluded the program folder directory, but eset still finds stuff in it. What gives?

I need help. The manufactuer says that they have tried contacting you but have received no reply.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you can email the actual file from the SAAZOD managed services client which is being detected heuristically in .ZIP or .RAR archive protected with a password of "infected" to samples@eset.sk with a Subject: of "False Positive" and a link to this message thread then ESET's virus lab will examine the file.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.