Man weighing 47 stone hoisted to hospital by crane

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Smokey, May 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Man weighing 47 stone hoisted to hospital by crane.

Firemen in Germany had to use a 38.5-tonne crane to hoist a German man weighing 300 kg out of his apartment and take him to hospital, the fire brigade in the northern city of Hamburg said.
    "Because the man was so heavy, we couldn't carry him on one of the normal stretchers, so we had to use the crane," said Hamburg fire brigade spokesman John Ralfs.

Ten firemen were needed to lift the 63-year-old man onto a hospital bed placed inside a large industrial container, which the crane had hoisted level with his first-floor balcony.

The crane then lowered the container to the ground and the man was wheeled off it, jacked into an ambulance van and taken to hospital.

Source: Reuters

:eek: :eek: :D :D :D

2. root

root Registered Member

661 pounds.
    That's a lot of twinkies. :rolleyes:
    That really is sad though.

3. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

I find it very sad that someone can disrespect themselves enough to get into that state.

4. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

it i sad but maybe he just liked food alot or maybe it a medical condetion some people dont have much of a matablizim

5. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

661 x :eek: or :rolleyes: don't fit on my calculator..... :D

6. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

In most of the cases such people like food to much, for instance I only know people fat as a pig who are eating (is this the right word ;)) day and night, without any interruption.
    This is very sad.

I know a German guy, he is fat like in my thread, first I didn't believe what peole told me about him, but after I saw him I had to believe all:
    he was eating whole day, and didn't fit in a normal way into his car, his backseat was complete removed otherwise he didn't fit on his frontseat, and it was impossible for him to use his seatbelt......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.