Mamutu + EMET = Conflict? And other questions.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Hungry Man, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I'm new to Mamutu and have a few questions.

When I look at active processes I can right click and "Protect this application from process manipulations."

1) What exactly does this mean?

2) Would this block EMET from forcing programs to run with emet.dll? Is that not a manipulation?

2. blasev

blasev Registered Member

while waiting the expert to answer, here are some explanation about the feature : -http://www.emsisoft.com/en/kb/articles/tec080308/#5.1-

3. Hungry Man

Thank you blasev. I'll have a look at that now.

I did just experience a crash while having Chrome Canary under "protection" by Mamutu and I sent them their report with a description.

edit: "Activate this option to prevent other processes from writing to the memory area of program X." Is this not how EMET works?

4. Kirk Reynolds

Kirk Reynolds Registered Member

@Hungry Man
    I know this doesn't have to do with your questions in your op, but it is related somewhat to the subject matter.

Have you noticed Chrome taking longer to establish a connection when launching it, since you've installed Mamutu? I use Chrome stable (+ EMET), and when I was trying out Mamutu on my Win7x64 machine a little while back, Chrome would take a few seconds to establish a connection whenever I launched it, but without Mamutu running, it establishes a connection almost instantly.

5. Hungry Man

I have Chrome excluded from protection because of the crash I had with it. Not sure that I noticed anything. I'll maybe give it a try later and see whether or not I notice anything.

edit: Apparently I hadn't excluded Chrome, just the updater and crash handler. I haven't noticed any slowdowns.

edit: Also, Mamutu doesn't start at startup.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  6. blasev

blasev Registered Member

That's a bit confusing, if mamutu doesn't start you shouldn't have any conflict.

I use emsisoft anti malware behaviour blocker (equal to mamutu) + EMET (max config) : never had any conflict. But please note that I don't use chrome.

I would suggest you turn off "protect this application from process manipulation" for a while and see the result

7. Hungry Man

The process starts. The GUI doesn't. I have to manually start it.

I just mean that EMET definitely manipulates programs and I'm wondering if Mamutu picks up on it.

8. blasev

blasev Registered Member

Mamutu with default configuration will not pick up on anything that doesn't have malicious behaviour. So if you didn't change any config, it should't conflict with your current set up.

Again my suggestion is to reinstall mamutu from stracth and use default config. After you tried that please inform us again ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.