Mambo Forums - Not Accepting New Members

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by bulldozed, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldozed

bulldozed Registered Member

Hi,
    Has anyone heard any insider hot goss about the Aussie Written Mambo Re it Forums being locked down to New Member registrations.

Through necessity, I need to access the Mambo forum Board as a New Member "BUT" this is the Message that come up when I try to Register...

"Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator"

Pardon My Quaint Fururururench / Double Dutch / Eeeeenglish but... "That's one Hell of a Welcome Message Mambo, to Prospective New Members" !.

The question may beg answering, "Is the Aussie Mambo CMS or Group On Death Row, or, is it just a Flash In The Pan, or, perhaps just a Minor Glitch, or Security Scare" ?

I note the Message didn't include the all to familiar, "Down For Maintenance" !:rolleyes:

Is there anyone who can shed some light on the Matter, and I didn't say suggest XOOPS, or Joomla, for they also have the odd Tad of a Problem or Two or More !:(

Thanks for any Help on the matter,

regards,
    bulldozed

2. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

3. bulldozed

bulldozed Registered Member

Hi,
    Thanks for that NickR, Mambo, has had more changes to it's Sites and Network over the years, than I've had hot dinners. They are a good Mob though

Try this URL Link, if you would :

http://forum.mamboserver.com/register.php?

Then tell me about it !

Below is what you would sort of see .......

Mambo - Forums Closed for posting
    Reload this Page vBulletin Message

User Name Remember Me?
    Password
    Rules Members List Calendar Today's Posts Search

Show Threads Show Posts Web
    Advanced Search
    Go to Page...
    vBulletin Message
    Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.

So you were right and I was right, the Mambo Forum is down, but, not down at the URL you gave.

It is good though that Home Users, and Business people can use the Link You Kindly gave Honorable Member NickR to get All Important Help. That's the most Important Lesson Learnt Here. And again Thanks from all former and present Mabers, or Mamboites, for your Link.:)

A bit of a pain, having to Re Register again, but just the same if, you have a cronic problem, you can't solve yourself, a Forum is the way to go.

I spent years in a range of CMS Forums, helping out, and asking the odd question myself. Plus contributing some valuable solutions to finally getting Linux up and rocking on a new 2005 iMac G5 with the PCC, in a range of Linux OS for PPC Forums.

Before a big International Project came up, i had to tackle. Setting up MySQL Databases and Installing and Testing CMS is as far as I got, and go, and as far as a CMS goes. I don't have time for CMS, or Linux Forums, anymore, or for that matter Security Forums. I work a dedicated 16 plus hour x 7 Days a Week as it is !

I don't have the Time, Money, or, Inclination, for Promises, Promises. or get and keep your Credit Card at the Ready, OS, Software, or Solutions either, they were back in the early 1980's in my very first Computer Retail Store, I singarly Owned, through to the second in the 1990's. That was when I finally pulled the plug, in the early 200's and went to the most over developed OS in the world, ubuntu out of Canonical and Mark Shuttleworth, and the rest was History, itself !

As far as CMS, is concerned, if it won't run with the odd couple of very Common Plugins, Extensions, Templates / Styles, I simply have to have. It get the big flick and a big downer of a review from me. Once bitten, repeatedly, more than twice shy, Honorable Member NickR !

Server Side Forum Software, I don't want to know about, I already know, Me Myself and I, whisper SMF, for Server Side Forum Software. It's not OS [Open Source], but it's Free, and it works well, support is also above par !

Have Fun and Play Safe !;)

Kind Regards,
    bulldozed

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.