Malwarebytes Pro-SS5

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by TomFace, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomFace

TomFace Registered Member

I had been running SS4 and Malwarebytes Pro on my old XP machine-but that died last week. Have a new machine Win 7 64bit, updated to SS5 and am being told that I can run the free version of Malwarebytes but not the Pro due to monitoring conflicts. What could happen and what can/should I do? I contacted Malwarebytes and they are NOT aware of any issues.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The real-time or "on-access" threat detection components of both programs may interfere with each other when they both try to simultaneously access a file to scan it, causing decreased file I/O performance and possibly even errors or lock-ups in programs.

The key word here is, of course, may. This problem might not occur, or it may incur only a modest loss of performance on the system which you may find acceptable.

The best suggestion I have is that you try using both programs together for a few days to see if there any insurmountable issues. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the behavior of the system could change at any point when either of the two programs downloads an update, as any update to security software has the potential for changing its behavior.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.