Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jpcummins, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I received 2.1.8 on my two machines earlier today and was pleased that everything went smoothly and all settings were left intact. :thumb:

I wish I could say the same about my recent update to Norton Security. :thumbd:

2. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Registered Member

Question when is MBAM v2.1.8 is going to be available for from their Malwarebytes Anti-Malware website for me to grab the latest version as I'm still using v2.1.6.1022.

Chow

3. anon

anon Registered Member

4. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Same as Krusty13... upgrade came through yesterday and all went super smooth on two 7x64 machines.

5. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Registered Member

Never mind I've just received an automatic update from MBAM to update to v2.1.8.1057 Phew! I was getting very worried, while their website is still not up to date.

Chow.

6. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Thank you for the explanation - I get over-anxious sometimes. I appreciate your work in making sure the new version is stable.

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

A link has been made available to download the full installer for MBAM 2.1.8

https://malwarebytes.app.box.com/s/odzsfqr85y1lewjbs1ppymkf467xc3vs

8. Hiltihome

Hiltihome Registered Member

http://www.chip.de/downloads/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-Malware-Scanner_27322637.html
    Better think twice, before downloading..from this source.

Whether I open this link with Chrome or IE, I get a warning message, thats it may be malicious...

Save download:
    http://www.chip.de/downloads/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-Malware-Scanner_27322637.html

9. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@Hiltihome The message is a generic warning from the website hosting the file, box.com that exe files can be harmful. You would get the same warning for any .exe file hosted at box.com, and for most non exe files you would not get such a warning.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  10. anon

anon Registered Member

You are totally wrong.
    I confirm that link is safe, legit and official.

11. Hiltihome

compared the file, it is legit.

But whats that warning?

box.com seems to be like dropbox.

Did Malwarebytes upload the file?

12. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

@Hiltihome As I already said, the warning is because it is an exe file. With any exe file there is always the potential for it to be unsafe, so it is just warning you to be careful. But, it is just a generic warning which you will find for any exe file hosted on box.com

13. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

malwarebytes.app.box.com for downloads are fine, from malwarebytes themselves as my browser history shows up.

chip aint trustworthy - to much downloaders with adware (like any of those archives)

14. Barthez

Barthez Registered Member

Finally – after eight days – received an automatic update for my 2.1.6 MBAM. While I do understand reasoning behind sending program updates in batches, the time frame chosen to do so is too wide. First thought of someone who finds out that week ago there was an update released and he didn't received it is that there must be something wrong with his PC or MBAM installations. I suspect majority of Malwarebytes costumers do not browse official forums in search for version release notes ;)

1. The 'exclude website' button was removed from pop-ups. Is there any other then manually typing-in address in exclude website section way to quickly exclude something? Maybe from history tab? If not then is it planned for future versions?

2. Since version 2 was resealed I got small problem with MBAM context menu that chooses language according to system regional settings not language of OS or one chosen in MBAM settings:

mbam-context-lang.png

15. Victek

Victek Registered Member

16. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Got it there, and I can confirm it's 100% legit.

17. Hiltihome

Got it.

Malwarebytes decided to use an unusual way to provide there new version.

Now need for further comment.

18. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Although it appears to be a bit odd, using box to host their latest installer has been common practice for MBAM.

19. haakon

haakon Guest

Is reading all these posts about the download box the same as as thinking twice? :D

20. StillBorn

StillBorn Registered Member

On my box, Hyper Scan time is cut in half. Nice job MBAM! :thumb:

21. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Hello oliverjia:

box.com is not a direct part of the Malwarebytes expansive contract CDN. It is likely the box.com encrypted download URL was released to afford MBAM users a download source of high integrity in light of the unauthorized download URL made available in another forum.

Cheers

22. chillstream

chillstream Registered Member

23. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

24. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Not sure if this is directly related, I have one machine here running MBAM Pro realtime with a legit lifetime license, and today I noticed MBAM wasn't running at all. When I manually started it, it says it's the Free version, and all Pro features are greyed out. The GUI doesn't mention anything about the new Amnesty program either. I did notice that the database was out of date, dated to early June, so perhaps the update to 2.1.8 is the cause.

25. 1PW

1PW Registered Member

Hello BoerenkoolMetWorst:

Please try this:

Restart the Windows system and activate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.1.8.1057 to the Home Premium level using the previous license information and advise your results.

Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.