Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.65.1.1000 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by siljaline, Oct 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I can assure that it never started, at all. Only an administrator (me) can run Malwarebytes on that system, and I can assure you I never initiated the trial period. Not that I would want to start it, nonetheless the upgrade took away something that was never used.

I think I remember some similar issue that happened before, and was reported by users... :doubt:

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

I have been involved with MBAM in some way or another for a number of years and have never heard of such an issue although accidental activations during software upgrades are not unusual. Ping the MBAM Forums and ask.

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Well, I didn't say it was the same issue, only that I recall that some past update fixed issues related with the trials, and I believe it was reported here as well. But again, not sure where I've seen it.

And, accidental activation would require me going to the Protection tab, and the only ones I ever use are Scanner and Update. So, it would be somewhat complicated to go to the tab Protection and then hit Start Trial. Even then, I believe (not quite sure) the user would be presented with an additional prompt to confirm it.

4. siljaline

Would anyone that get's around to the MBAM board more than I do know if MBAM supports Windows 8. ?

Thanks ~

5. kardokristal

kardokristal Developer

6. siljaline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.