Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ZeroVulnLabs, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

I see. With Chrome x64 the delay is smaller, but still noticeable.
    Anyway I will keep MBAE for now, it is a very nice app.

2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes would be cool if MBAE was at least compatible with the freeware version of HMPA.

3. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  4. ance

ance formerly: fmon

I reported it several times ...

Does Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit protect the plugin-container.exe of Firefox too? :doubt:

5. vojta

vojta Registered Member

If you open Process Explorer and select plugin-container.exe under Firefox you should see that it is injected by mbae.dll. So yes, it is protected. It would make no sense otherwise as plugins are the main danger in a browser.

6. ance

Thank you. :thumb:

7. CoolWebSearch

CoolWebSearch Registered Member

I bought a license for MBAE premium for my old windows XP professional service pack 3, but whenever I try to open microsoft office 2003 (word, powerpoint, excel and etc.) with MBAE premium it frezes and I'm forced to disable everything, and sometimes reboot the computer, is this a bug or my XP service pack 3 is simply too old?
    Big thanks in advance.
    I will stick with free MBAE until this is resolved.

8. ZeroVulnLabs

ZeroVulnLabs Developer (aka "pbust")

MBAE fully supports XP SP3. But I've never seen that problem before. Are you getting an alert from MBAE or simply an MSOffice app not responding?

Can you PM me details of your install (DDS log) as well as the MBAE logs? Details on how to do this here.

9. CoolWebSearch

The problem is that it doesn't say anything, no alert, nothing, I just try open my document in .doc and it is stuck until I end the program, that's the problem, not a big problem, but it's annoying.
    I can't figure out what's the reason yet.
    I have to dig up on my own, to see what's the problem.

10. ZeroVulnLabs

Can you send me a procmon capture replicating the problem?

11. CoolWebSearch

If you mean by sending you with scannned results with process monitor, I can't do that, since I do not have scanner, but it does not matter, I'll try something else on my own, to see if it will work.
    I'm not really worried about exploits on my computer since it's totally re-installed every 2 months.
    In the worst case scenario, I will simply use MBAE free.

12. ZeroVulnLabs

Actually what I mean is the following:

1- Download and run Process Monitor
    2- Replicate the problem (open Word with MBAE Premium activated)
    3- Under ProcMon, click File -> Save and save the capture Logfile.PML to Desktop
    4- Compress the procmon capture (Logfile.PML) using RAR or ZIP
    5- Upload the RAR or ZIP to some file sharing site and send me the link

13. CoolWebSearch

I'll do that, but I'm begging to give me some time, besides I sent these posts from my job, so I'll try this out at this weekend if I make it, nevertheless, I'll let you know, when I do this and send you pm. I will also try my pdf reader (foxit if it all works fine, as well as winamp and similar), right now I don't have much time to do this again.
    Hopefully, you won't get mad on me.

14. ZeroVulnLabs

Ohh no, not mad at all. On the contrary, thankful for your help. This is the type of help which allows us to fix bugs and improve the product. Please take your time, I'm not going anywhere and can wait :)

15. ance

Is it possible that Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit causes Flash plugin to crash? o_O

16. ZeroVulnLabs

Could be. Which version of MBAE are you running? Are you seeing Flash crash often? Under which browser?

17. ance

MBAE 1.04.1.1012 and Firefox 33.0! I don't know if MBAE is the problem but I haven't had flash crashes before. o_O

18. CoolWebSearch

Hi, ZVL, I just re-installed MBAE premium from scratch, whatever the problem was, it is now gone for good, I tried everything to start/run with MBAE premium and it now works truly excellent, no delays no nothing, it does not even slow down, not even a little bit.
    But I'm still wondering what could have been the problem!o_O
    I'm still looking for an answer on what could have caused my previous problems with opening pdf reader and Microsoft office 2003, but everything is ok now, it seems fixed whatever it was, thank you for your help, time and patience anyway.

19. ZeroVulnLabs

@CoolWebSearch not sure what could have caused it originally, but glad it was easily solved with a re-install. Maybe an incomplete automatic upgrade?

@Impet can you please try a complete uninstall, reboot and re-install to see if the problem persists?

20. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Thanks for that. Since I'm using 3.76, and plan to keep things that way in the forseeable future that helps me at least. Can you use that info. to make MBAE compatible with v3.x of SBIE at least for now, without the end user having to enter any template themselves into SBIE? Or would that fix have to come via an update to SBIE, i.e. to update to v4? Because if the former is true I'd say go ahead at least make it work with v3.x already. That would satisfy most of the XP crowd at least, I'd wager (that most are using v3.76).

Either way I'll probably be purchasing the paid version of MBAE pretty soon now that I'm aware that compatibility with v3.76 exists.

It would be awesome to be able to have Open EMET in the fold too, and have them play nicely together. *whistles* If/when this day comes I'll feel that my XP Pro SP3 setup is finally complete... until the day I'm given a good reason to change.

21. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

Try to apply the setup DR_LaRRY_PEpPeR.

Setup SandboxIE (3.76) - Under Resource Access > IPC Access > Direct Access add theses two lines:

(1) $:Exploitshield.exe
    (2) *\BaseNamedObjects*\ZVL_IPC_Channel*

22. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

FYI. . . this did not seem to work with SBIE 4.06

23. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

MBAE Experimental 1.05.3.1010 has been released. General information, changelog, and download link can be found in this post over on the Malwarebytes Forums.

24. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

This new version runs really well :thumb:, especially Chrome works now like a charm.

25. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

It is running really well here on my machine too. Everything is snappier and I do not notice any slowdowns on Chrome (or anything else) at all. It is also a lot faster in adding custom shields. Performance and stability wise, this seems to be the best version yet...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.