Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ZeroVulnLabs, Oct 15, 2013.

1. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Confirmed

UAC-protected Admin
    Windows 7 64 bit
    EMET 4.1 Update 1 Chrome completely removed

MBAE free

Chrome doesn't load any websites.

2. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

How do you install if you have a previous beta version installed? Does it install over the top, or is an uninstall required first?

3. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

The new version is not showing any indication of protecting MS Word 2010 when I have it open; neither in the GUI or the logs. This problem appeared to have been fixed in the last few beta versions.
    Installed over the top of the beta and have since rebooted to see if that made any difference (it didn't). Working perfectly on Chrome, Firefox and IE11 browsers.

4. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Do you have a licensed version? MBAE Final now protects Office only in the premium version, the free version is restricted to browsers and java.

5. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Did clean install and entered license info. No problems with new version so far. Would have been nice for some kind of introductory offer.

When adding a shield there is no browse feature to find program, you have to type in info.

6. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

TH J_L.

7. ZeroVulnLabs

ZeroVulnLabs Developer (aka "pbust")

Yes, MBAE are EMET are not compatible. There could be conflicts simply with the hooking, not just individual mitigations per application. More info:
    https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=146501

8. ZeroVulnLabs

If you sent me a PM please be patient, I will answer eventually.

9. Sampei Nihira

@ZeroVulnLabs

XP Home 32 bit account admin
    EMET 4.1 (SimExecFlow deselected)
    MBAE free

Firefox is OK

10. fblais

fblais Registered Member

I was about to buy a license, but registration *requires* auto-renewal, so I declined.
    Sorry, but I want to have full control of renewals.

For those wondering, the license is valid for up to 3 PCs, but you pay for each activation.
    EG for one activation you're charged $24.95, for the second activation another $24.95, and so on.

11. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Wow, very exciting news! I´m also loving the promotion video. :D

Nice find, it seems to perform quite well. :thumb:

I forgot to respond to this. But it would be nice if it was launched again, I´m sure it will generate more sales. :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  12. Dark Star 72

Yes, looking at the link Pedro supplied with the comparison chart I can now see that.
    But, in that case why does the free version show all those shields that are not active without any information that you need to buy the premium version to activate them. If they are not active they should either not be there or they should be greyed out.

Attached Files:

13. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

It says the free version protects browsers and addons. What about plugins like flash player ?
    If plugins are also protected then how abt adobe reader or foxit plugin ? PDF's opened thru plugins protected ?

14. Dark Star 72

Not very nice. I had intended buying a premium license but I think I will hold fire and wait for confirmation that this is correct and not a mistake by Malwarebytes.

15. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

LOL.. that's the most funny thing I have heard..

16. Rasheed187

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  17. ZeroVulnLabs

I know the commerce is done through a third-party (Cleverbridge) and don't know how the auto-renewal works and how to deactivate it, but I'll find out and post back here.

As for the license key, you can use the same ID:KEY in up to 3 PCs for $24.95. You will NOT be charged $24.95 for a second and third activation.

18. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Congrats on being out of beta, but I have a question. Since I'm using Chrome, which hasn't been exploited, and I don't have Java, is there any point in me using the free version of MBAE?

19. Pedro,

On my setup (Win7 Ultimate x86) the application launch time is heavely impacted for IE11 (from 0.24 secs to 0.56 secs) while MBAE launch has little impact on Chrome 35 application launch (from 0.25 to 0.29 secs). I have repeated it several times. When you are intrested, you could send me a debug version to find out why. Also Chrome freezes occasionally at launch (using Free version).

Regards Kees

20. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Thanks, but that's not what I understand when I read this:

upload_2014-6-12_14-50-0.png

21. J_L

J_L Registered Member

What changed that makes it incompatible with Chrome not even specified under EMET? Am I correct in thinking this won't be fixed and I have to choose between one or the other?

22. ZeroVulnLabs

It's just the wrong text. The reality is different and it is only $24.95 for 3 PCs. We'll get this fixed, thanks for reporting.

23. Sampei Nihira

Th Pedro.
    Can you explain better the function "shields" ?
    Syntax............

24. Rasheed187

25. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I paid for MBAE with (you should excuse the expression) PayPal. :gack: Ergo "auto" renewal will still require my action.

{Short OT: I use PayPal strictly based on my credit card. Over & above entering my PP password, I also use the special little gadget that PP sends you for input of a constantly changing security code with each purchase. The gadget produces a new security code with each button press. Grrreat idea for internet transactions!}

I bought MBAE today with great aplomb. As a stubborn user of XP, MBAE is at the top of my list of must-have security.

QUESTION: Should I/Could I get MBAE to protect my FTP client as an "other"?? How about Email clients?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.