Malwarebyte blocks IP's

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by EZY, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EZY

EZY Registered Member

Hello,I just started using the full version of this program.With the real time protection.My concern is that Malware...,is blocking a ton of potentinally malicious IP's. Is this for real?.How can I verify this?.If so,then what else can I do to prevent these attacks?.:doubt:

2. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

well try posting at mbam forums False positives

A preliminary read IP Protection what this does, and how it works

3. EZY

EZY Registered Member

Thank you kasperking for your Informitive reply.It clears up the darkness.I never realized I was vulnerable even while not browsing.:thumb: :D

4. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

The thing is worthless, imho. It not only blocked an absolute TON of perfectly legitimate websites, it would say it was blocking IP addresses when I wasn't surfing, using P2P, or anything else. And yes, scans showed my system clean of infections. All MBAM's IP blocker does is make you paranoid, nothing more.

5. adik1337

adik1337 Registered Member

I must admit .. I was using MBAM Pro w/ IP blocker always disabled ... it blocks a ton of legitimate IPs

6. EZY

EZY Registered Member

Thanks members for your input.i think im going to turn IP blocker OFF.

7. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Funny how we all look at things differently. I think the IP blocker is essential. It may not always be right but you can assume that risk and add those address entries to the ignore list...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.