Malware

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by BiteMe, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiteMe

BiteMe Registered Member

Hi everybody! The fantastic people in this forum helped me out before so hopefully I can rely on you again.

I have 2 problems: ( MS00-034 ), related malware: VBS_DAVINIA.A and also ( MS01-028 ), related malware: W97M_GOGA.A

The risk on both of them is critical. Please help. If you need more information, I'll try my best to get it to you.

Thank you, BM. :D

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Please enlighten my person and possibly others....what exactly is your problem o_O

Are you wanting to know if you should apply the updates....or do you have the viruses and want help in removing them :doubt:

3. BiteMe

BiteMe Registered Member

Sorry about that Bubba :D , I was in a hurry and didn't realize that I didn't give enough info :oops: .
    I have the viruses and want to remove them.
    Thanks again, BM ;)

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Both Kaspersky and Trend-Micro detects both, so why not scan with their free online scanners (in my signature). :)

5. BiteMe

BiteMe Registered Member

I did scan with Trend-Micro, it could not remove these 2 for me. How do I remove them?
    Thanks, BM

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Where are they locating them?

7. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

you can go to symantec's online encyclopedia, and see the steps for manual removal.

8. BiteMe

BiteMe Registered Member

I went to Microsoft to get patches for these 2. The patches were available but I could not get the patches because I don't have the software which are vulnerable to these malware. I guess it was a false reading. Can anybody tell me if I'm correct in that they were probably false readings?
    Thanks again, BM.

9. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Why would it suddently be a false reading (false positive?), the patches wouldn't remove what is already on your pc. Try the Kaspersky scanner instead (it's better anyway), you may have have to disable system restore (ME + XP). :)

XP
    Me.

10. BiteMe

BiteMe Registered Member

Hi Don, did what you told me to do and nothing was found. I went to Kaspersky and there was no trace of anything and then went back to Trend-Micro and found the same 2.
    Anybody have any other suggestions?
    Thank you, BM :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.