Malware

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by KatK6, May 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatK6

KatK6 Registered Member

This morning my mum's computer showed signs of Malware infection. Her computer froze and then Internet Explorer shut down. A program then popped up called Malware Protection it said it had detected dangerous files that were downloading things from my computer but I suspected this is actually Malware. We had to shut the first of these pop ups (because it was covering the whole screen) but haven't touched any of the other tabs that popped up.

We ran a ESET Smart Security scan but it hasn't found anything. The log showed no infected files. Are we safe or do we need to run some other type of scan?

Also how can I delete any such files/downloads/links from the computer so my mum doesn't accidentally click on them.

Btw, the ESET ran its last update this morning.

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

her computer is infected with fake, rogue antivirus (scareware). right click on the Malware Protection icon (check desktop or start menu), select Properties and check option Target, you'll find the location of the original exe file there. zip and password protect it, then send it to ESET, instructions here, they'll take care of it

then scan your computer with MBAM

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  3. yongsua

yongsua Registered Member

4. clayieee

clayieee Registered Member

Download G data Fave Av removal tool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.