Malware Research Group Rogue Software Infection Prevention test

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by King Grub, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

It seems one doesn't need to be stupid or to be without proper Anti-malware protection to download and install a rogue.

Languy99's videos have made this abundantly clear.

2. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hello,

Actually, the average Joe/Jane computer user doesn't install Fake AVs because he/she wants to do that so mad. They install them by accident while visiting Facebook, Tweeter, Myspace or even reputable web sites like the United States Postal Service on which some recent pop-ups adds are re-directing users and loading a fake scanner page.

When the user tries to close the page clicking on the prompt “Remove all threats” [fake prompt by the Rogue AV] it automatically downloads the Trojan and installs the Rogue AV WITHOUT the user consent.

So, if we[Wilders users] download and install a Fake AV, it's likely because we wanted to for some reason we only know about but when it happens to, let's say my grandmother it was by accident and not because she really wanted to download the Fake AV.

Just my 2¢

Carlos

3. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hello,

I think that the Fake AVs samples you used for your tests are quite old ones.
    Aren't they?

Why not use:

Security Tool
    Antivirus Live
    Antivirus Soft
    Internet Security 2010
    etc.

These are more recent and more prevalent and are the ones infecting Facebook visitors right now.

Thanks,

Carlos

4. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.