Malware Defender

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by curious george, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curious george

curious george Registered Member

I decided to give the new v2.1 a spin, and it failed...horribly. I installed it just fine, and everything went smoothly until i changed the mode to "normal...after that everything just seemed to freeze and lag, with long cpu spikes...any ideas why?

2. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

You may not have left it in "Learning mode" long enough. I have found a few re-boots, logging into your different accounts and running at least several of your common programs while MD is in learning mode is the minimum required to avoid problems. Also make sure you have no other security programs that might conflict.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

the thing is that first at the begining you have to train this baby:D in learning mode maybe for about one day so it recognize all your apps/files/etc,etc reboot couple of times then start playing with it and with some rules and you'll see it's potential;)

4. curious george

Im assuming upon entering normal mode, all rules and such are activated.

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

before doing that you have to give it some training time and then apply rules or normal mode.have to traing it a litle or you can get some apps to conflict

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

if you dont want to train in learning and instead apply normal mode for sure be ready for alot of pop ups:)

7. curious george

What i dont get is, now that im in normal mode with settings to deny IE, it still launches when double clicked...confused.

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

go to application double click IE(browser)then go to permissions and then you'll see a list of stuff to make rules for example:denny create new process,denny to execute,denny to shut down windows,etc etc

also if you dont want to use spyware blaster if you have you can also make a rule to denny to change your home page:in the same windows find where is registry then find the HKEY_MACHINE\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internet settings\*
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\internet settings\*
    and more and more and you can make more rules to avoid using alot of apps in your system,etc etc can easilly block alot of adware:)withing your browser when you have some rules applies in malware defender:)

9. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

Go to: Application Rules - System -> explorer.exe. under the child Applications tab, look for iexplore.exe. If it is "Permit" change it to "Deny"

Remember that these rules are highest priority, even though they're at the very bottom.

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

does he wants to denny his browser?

11. curious george

Never mind...i got it. lol

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  12. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

same issue over here since of the first malware defender released , so i skip it.
    i am totally sure its a bug in the code of MD, owner doesnt solved this even i nagg him , also i know some d00ds complain on that issue in other forums and says they skip it coz that .

cheers

13. xiaolin

xiaolin Registered Member

Thanks for trying Malware Defender.

Did you download the trail version of MD from www.torchsoft.com? I have received some reports of such problems. But 90% of them are caused by the crack from a crack group called BRD.

14. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

Sorry guys I can confirm this. Only people who complain about this have patched the program with an old patch for version 1.2 which hangs the PC after you leave learning mode.

Better support the developer as traditional hips are not profitable anyway

If you don't believe me, re-run the patch you used and see what version is made for. ;)

15. curious george

Nah, the hole idea of teaching it first and then turning on normal mode was the fix for me. The trial was from downloads.com, which shouldn't cause a problem...but thanks guys, got it to work!

P.S I want to ask Matt at remove-malware.com to do a review on this...see this baby's true potential. Im amazed thus far.

16. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Anyone else have trouble downloading the kernel symbols? It fails for me. Using a packet sniffer, I see that it gets a 404 from the microsoft site.

17. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Never had any problems downloading the kernel symbols here.
    Installed a few times, each time it only took a minute or so to complete.

18. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

i heard such a crack make pc to crash totaly , not make cpu90% uses... i got this 90% after switch to normal (not immediate) from the start of MD release...

19. curious george

Mine downloaded just fine too...and as for the CPU spikes, they faded away after 2 days of training...

20. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Strange. I get a 404.

2009-03-31_185834.png

I tried using the OpenDNS dns servers and got the same response. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.