Malware Defender Version 1.2.3 (December 18, 2008)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by demoneye, Dec 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

cool mate , what i know that i am not the only one having such problem, some buddy i know in other forum (none English) also complain on such problem

2. xiaolin

xiaolin Registered Member

Hi,

I cannot resolve it because I cannot recreate the problem yet.

Which process cause high cpu usage? (malwaredefender.exe or mdservice.exe)

Thanks,
    xiaolin

3. xiaolin

This is not necessary. Malwaredefender.exe and mdservice.exe will be allowed to execute by internal rule.

thx

4. demoneye

10x for the reply xiaolin

the malwaredefender.exe cause it , it append after switch to normal mode, it happen randomly after 10 minutes top ,i also test this issue even on clean only os + drivers on me VM testing machine .

i run it on Pentium 3 winxp SP3 ...maybe this can help some how

just for the knowledge record i try RTD,SSM(all builds),commodo(all builds),zA and many more HIPS based application on the same machine , and all work perfectly

cheers

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  5. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

Does MD v1.2.3 work with KIS 2009?

Thanks.

6. demoneye

as far as i know why not? it should

7. wat0114

wat0114 Guest

You'd probably have to disable some protective features on either KIS or MD to avoid redundant and conflicting coverage.

8. comma dor dash

comma dor dash Registered Member

"only this HIPS give me hard time , its service going all of the sudden to 90-100% cpu usage ...

i did it on a clean only win installed same results....damn weird.....that happened when change to mode normal "

-----------------

I also have huge problems with Malware Defender. It constantly freezes/crashes my P4 Laptop as soon as I enable normal mode. (Prior to enabling normal mode, I extensively used learning mode.)

I experienced a freeze in the following situations:

I downloaded a file from a filesharing service with Opera. I got a permit query whether Opera shall be allowed to save the file in a temp folder. Thereafter, Opera opens the ordinary windows save file dialogue and asks me where to save the file. This is when Malware Defender froze Opera and itself. If you try to kill Opera with the Windows task manager there is a good chance that also the task manager will be freezed. After the freeze, CPU usage (caused by Malware Defender) is constantly around 40-50%.

I tried to start a portable version of Nero 9 Burning Rom Express. This version most likely includes the launch of the main programm by the loader. It will also include registry writes and, possibly, inter process memory operations. Again, Malware Defender froze everything. After the freeze, CPU usage (caused by Malware Defender) is constantly around 40-50%.

In my opinion, the problem is that Malware Defender does not create a visible permission window. This also happened with early versions of System Safety Monitor.

In principle, I like Malware Defender's concept, GUI, tools etc. The missing network monitor is not important. This can be done by the personal firewall.

Due to the above-described bugs, Malware Defender is currently useless for me.

I used the latest version 1.2.3.

9. demoneye

exactly my situation in here :( :'(
    its freeze my PC when switch to normal mode , i uses SSM last build ATM and it run perfectly for couple of weeks

10. xiaolin

It seems MD cannot show the alert windows or make the alert windows topmost in some cases. I will try to recreate the problem and fix it.

If anyone encounter such problem, please try using hotkey to permit the action. The default hotkey is Ctrl+Shift+Alt+P.

Thanks,
    xiaolin

11. demoneye

i will try this solution and report if it resolve this matter

10x xiaolin :cool:

12. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

problem with ESS v4 beta

13. demoneye

it doesnt work ,its keep jump to 90-100% cpu usage.......very odd o_O

14. Miyasashi

Miyasashi Registered Member

Would've been good if it didn't use 90-100% cpu on Vista Ultimate and crash all the time >_<

Once it crashed and had to turn it on otherwise I couldn't do anything else since it blocked access to everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.