Malware Collections

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by whitedragon551, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icr

icr Registered Member

Just for fun and also for educational purposes. I will soon be in my final year so I am thinking of taking the final year project relating to computer threats:)

For the second question regarding org well that is really not a bad idea afterall:D

2. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

My purpose is to get a large enough sample and test VIPRE since they havent entered into any of the major testers like they have claimed they would. I want results so Im producing them on my own.

3. Buster_BSA

Buster_BSA Registered Member

Other very time consuming task is unpacking installs, setups, embedded files, autoexecutable files, etc.

I talk about Rar-Sfx, NSIS setup installations, Setup Factory installations, etc, etc.

4. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

For file type corrections, perhaps Search My Files may be of use. If my memory is correct, Search My Files allows one to list files whose extensions differ from their actual filetype, as identified by TrID.

5. Buster_BSA

Buster_BSA Registered Member

TrID is not reliable at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.