Making Secondary drive bootable again

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by djmckay, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djmckay

djmckay Registered Member

I used Migrate easy 6.0 about a year ago to clone a drive and everything worked. The drive I cloned had Win 2000 on it and was bootable. I forgot to remove the new drive before I rebooted and it made it non bootable. Up to this point it wasn't a problem but now I need that drive bootable. How do I fix it?

I apologize if you've answered this question before. I couldn't seem to find anything similar. Thanks,

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello djmckay,

Thank you for choosing Acronis System Transfer Software.

Could you please describe what happens now when you try to boot the computer with the hard disk you cloned earlier? Please make sure that your BIOS settings are correct and this hard drive is set as the first boot device.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. djmckay

djmckay Registered Member

Thanks for the response, The machine just sits with a flashing white cursor on a black screen, no error messages, no windows logos etc... The hardrive that won't boot is identical manufacture as the main one I'm using now so the bios settings should be ok. Thanks, Don

4. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Don, do you have your original Windows 2000 CD? If so, have you tried to boot with the CD, then select the Recovery Console and used the fixmbr (and it that does not help, the fixboot command)?

Link: http://thpc.info/dual/console.html

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello djmckay,

If the advice MiniMax gave doesn't help please make sure the BIOS settings are correct (just to be absolutely sure - they might have changed) and after that please create Acronis Report in the way described at Acronis Help Post and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread indicating in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Ilya Toytman. I will try to help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.