Making rules in Outpost for Avira's WebGuard

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mvdu, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

The new version of Outpost does not filter loopback, so unless I manually create rules for WebGuard, Outpost silently blocks WebGuard and Firefox can't use the internet. What rules should I use?

2. Rules

Rules Registered Member

i currently using OFP 6.7 along avira premium, on my first upgrade 6.5 to 6.7 i get issue same like your problem, so now the problem disappear, two way for resolved that :
    (just one details, during the installation of OFP i don't install WEBGUARD AND ANTISPYWARE cause Avira premium do the job).

- you can modify the machine.ini but is not recommended.

- If you install OFP 6.7 first in auto-learning mode and after AVP, the Webguard rule is automatically create and you get full access to the internet with all browsers.

Rules
    OFP 6.7
    AVP 9
    PREVX EDGE
    KEYSCRAMBLER PRO
    AVG LINKSCANNER

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

thats what i did, i installed in learning mode, restarted the system, let it learn all my startup programs and security software on its own, then turned off learning mode and tada, everything works perfectly.

4. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Thanks, all - I can try installing in learning mode since modifying machine.ini didn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.