Making image of usb flash disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sharicov, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharicov

sharicov Registered Member

I want to backup usb flash disk.
    I only can see it in acronis true image server for linux (9.1.3718 trial), and only if computer was booted with usb flash in it. I see it under "dynamic and GPT volumes".
    If I unmount flash disk (acronis is off) and try to load trueimage, it give me error message: "Failed to read from sector 128 of the hard disk 0", if I press cancel it loads and shows me the disk, I'd unmounted (under dm-5). In windows version I don't see usb flash disk at all.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sharicov,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions supports backing up removable USB Flash drives. Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Linux in particular is meant for backing up data located on local physical hard drives only. Data located on a removable or networked drive can be backed up on a file level only (one can only create file-based backups and not disk partition images).

As for the error message that you receive upon Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Linux startup, it can be safely ignored.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

Try using a Boot CD. You can't make an Image of a memory stick (FAT); but however, you should be able to backup the "file and folders" on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.