Making Acronis Disk Director and True Image Boot Disc

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Doctor Trout, Mar 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctor Trout

Doctor Trout Registered Member

Hi guys,

I've been trying to create some boot discs recently, and, while reading the guide to Acronis Disk Director, I realised that I could combine them together:

"If you have other Acronis products, such as Acronis True Image, installed on your computer, you can include standalone versions of these programs on the same bootable disk as well."

(Source: http://eq1.download.acronis.com/pdf/DiskDirectorSuite10.0_ug.en.pdf)

So, anyway, my intention is to build a boot disc that will allow me to boot to Acronis True Image and recover or backup my hard drive, or Acronis Disk Director, and partition my hard drive.

How would I do this? I was under the impression that installing both programmes would result in all the options appearing on my boot disc media builder screen. However, in Disk Director it still only comes up with the options:

Disk Director Full Version
    Disk Director Safe Version
    OS Selector Activator
    OS Selector Setup

I have Disk Director 10.0.2089
    And True Image 9.2323 (I think).

Thanks for your help and time.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

No you can't at the moment combine the TI and DD boot CD's.

I've already put this request in the 'things you'd like Acronis to do' forum. I've a post here somewhere on that subject and I think Acronis said it was in the pipeline sometime.

What they actually mean is combine OS selector and Disk Director - I can't recall if Privacy wotsits was included.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Doctor Trout,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

Actually, Acronis Bootable Media Builder included into Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 does not allow you to create bootable medias with Acronis True Image and Acronis Disk Director Suite components. It can combine Acronis Disk Director Suite and Acronis Privacy Expert Suite only.

This feature will be implemented in the nearest update of Acronis True Image 9.1 Home version.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.