make recovery-cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by okeeee, Jun 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okeeee

okeeee Registered Member

I've read the acronis true image manual, there are so many programs and settings, I don't know what to chose. What I would like to do is: make an exact copy of the partition containing win xp, and put it on a cd. Then when I need that recovery cd, I would just put it in the dvd-drive and restore the partition and win xp from the recovery cd, like the way it was. How can I do this?

I use Acronis true image 9

I would like to make a recovery-cd that contains all needed info for recovery, so no info from the hard disk is needed.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2006
  2. simusphere

simusphere Registered Member

If you didn't figure it out yet. Before creating your backup image click on the Tools -> Options from the main menu bar at the top of the screen. There you will see an option for media options. By selecting the two check boxes you can add the full version of acronis and the one click restore to the backup media at the time of image creation. The backup media is usually a CD or DVD. There are other ways to do this using third party software if your image has already been created just do a seach for bootable DVD.

3. okeeee

okeeee Registered Member

So if I want to recover from a cd only, I have to make a recovery cd, from which I can boot Acronis True Image 9, and I have to make also a DVD containing the image, from which the partition I made an image of, can be restored?

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello okeeee,

Well you can do that or, using the latest build of True Image 9.0 Home, you can create an image direct to DVD and include the Acronis bootable media components as described in <Post #2 of this previous thread>.

Regards

5. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

Did v3677 fix the DVD problem? Has there been confirmation? I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
    But none the less, I'd rather make the back-up to a USB External. It's much smoother, and faster at making the back-up, ...and restoring it!!:D

6. Menorcaman

I've just installed Build 3677 and am about to re-run the direct to DVD imaging checks carried out on Build 3666 as detailed in this previous thread titled <TI 9.0 Build 3666 Direct to DVD Imaging - Still Some Problems>. Will post results when completed.

Regards

7. okeeee

okeeee Registered Member

I would prefer to burn the DVD, containing the image, by another program, is that possible? How would I do that?

8. Menorcaman

There are a number of ways detailed in the thread titled "How to create bootable rescue DVD(s):". However, using Build 3567 or later of TI 9.0 Home, the best one is probably the one detailed <Post #269>.

Regards

9. okeeee

okeeee Registered Member

Actually, I would like to make a rescue boot cd on cd-rom,

and also a DVD containing the image of a partition. I would like to have Acronis True Image 9 to set in on hard disk, from which I use another program to make the DVD. How can I do that?

10. simusphere

What does that mean to set in on hard disk? Not sure what you are talking about. Please clarify.

11. okeeee

okeeee Registered Member

I would like to make an image of a partition, and use another program than Acronis True Image 9 to make the DVD containing that image.
    And I would like to make a rescue boot cd on cd-rom.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2006
  12. simusphere

Use the search function on these forums. I know you can do it. There are many threads that talk about using third party burning software to do what you want to do.

As for creating the rescue CD, it is a simple as clicking on "create bootable rescue meadia" on the left hand navigation pane. I assume you have a CD burner installed in your computer, correct? Make sure you temporarily turn off any packet writting software like "Easy CD Creators Drag to Disc". That software will cause acronis to error out while attempting to burn the CD.

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello okeeee,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please follow the instructions of simusphere in order to create the bootable rescue CD.

As for using third-party DVD-writing software, please note that you can create an image set with the archive splitting size at 2 GB on a local hard disk drive and then to copy the created image archives to DVDs.

Please note that once a full image is created as one consistent file it instantly becomes indivisible and in case it exceeds the limit of 4.7 GB (the maximum capacity of a DVD disc) you will not be able to divide it into parts and burn to DVDs. So when creating an image you should bear in mind where you want to store the image to.

However we would recommend you to set the archive splitting size manually if you are planning to transfer an image archive to DVD discs. The archive size should be set at 2 GB to avoid possible discrepancies when being restored later. This proviso relates to most of the modern DVD-writing software.

Please note also that if you use two-step method of DVD writing, you should finilize your DVd disks.

You can also find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.