make a clean xp sp2 install! ti will work fine!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ws123, Oct 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ws123

ws123 Guest

i experienced a lot of problems after 2 years using ti and upgrading to version 8. freezing system, corrupted images and so on ...-
    well, the problem continued to exist a few weeks. but after i did a total clean install of windows xp and sp2, true image 8 started to work really perfect as it did before the upgrade. i have been very angry with acronis , now i´m again very happy using acronis software!

2. wreckwriter

wreckwriter Registered Member

Gee, that's a good idea. 2-3 days work to get one app to work? I don't think so.

3. djmorgan

djmorgan Registered Member

All that really shows is that your system was sick, not that ATI was at fault o_O

4. Blazer

Blazer Guest

Imagine you have a huge network: clients with SP1a OEM, postSP1 hotfixes then auto-deployed SP2. After deploying SP2, ATI makes a BSOD 0x19 (BAD_POOL_HEADER) when I try to create recovery cd, (MediaBuilder.exe) or in some other cases. I do NOT plan to reinstall every wrkstation by this one buggy app. We have a LAST AVAILABLE VER of ATI (Tested on 7.0 Build 638 and 8.0 Build 771)

hp nc6000, Compaq Evo N1000v

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Please note that Acronis company has never asked its customers to reinstall Microsoft Windows from the scratch. We do understand that this way many problems can be resolved but this way is not acceptable.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

6. This software has become sort of a joke for this. Especially When running high end server platform. I currently have riaded sata discs and can not restore the system Having to start from the ground up on a sunday nite just sucks... Especially after dumping $700 in corp funds on this software.

Blazer I feel your pain. But I only have 3 servers to restore and not a group of clients thank god.

7. Deus

Deus Registered Member

S-ATA RAID ... HighEnd Server o_O
    In HighEnd Servers are Hardwareraidsystems and nothin other.

Sorry on a High End Server Softwareraid is the badest way to get Security for the Data, cause every Softwareraid has the Problem, how to load the Driver if its avail to communicate with it. If u are using the newset Releases and Hardware of S-ATA RAID COntroller so gave Acronis time to get the Driver, cause how should they smell, in wich way these are running ? And if Acronis gets no Drivers how should they code the support for such Hardware ?

IMHO ist it Possible to store and restore S-ATA RAID.
    Create an save recue media and u can communicate via IN13.
    If u stored the Images in a Partition inside this RAID u can restore.
    For the Rest i think Acronis will do their Job and hopefully the Support will be integrated.

Nothing personally m8

8. agent86

agent86 Registered Member

I have been installing SATA drives and all the ad din boards I have tried have raid facilities. I have specifically asked for and received SATA boards that were supposed to be raid free. I understand some motherboards offer raid also. You would think not enabling the raid would help but no such luck. You need the card drivers to do a restore but TI does not have all the drivers yet. SATA seems to be a problem software companies are catching up with. I have confirmed the Adaptec 1210SA Raid card even with raid disabled will allow backup but not restore with the boot disk. I am still to test the Silicone image card which was supposed to have no raid function. The Gigabyte mother board I have with onboard SATA is ok. I am starting to regret SATA drives as the move to SATA has brought many problems. I originally looked into using the drives in RAID 0 to increase disk capacity and for speed. I found copy files and some benchmarks showed very good results. Real life though shows not significant improvement even when using Photoshop and very large files.

One Drive for the multi boot OS
    Another for Data

That seems to be the best for speed. Now if I could only get a non Raid SATA card.

Is there anything that can be provided to make TI8 Recovery compatible with RAID cards? I know Symantec Ghost / v2i / Drive image products have the windows PE (Pre Install environment) which allows F6 at boot which allows floppy drivers to be added.

As for the Full reinstall of windows xp. As mentioned it is a sign of a sick computer and TI probably brought out the problems in the system.

I upgraded 3 different XP computers to SP2 and had nothing but trouble on two. A full reinstall with a slipstreamed WindowsXP SP2 disk worked wonders. You can make it from these instructions or for any number of sites if you search google. Slipstream and dont upgrade. Your computer will thankyou for it. http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/winxp-sp2-bootcd.html

9. Mr. E

Mr. E Guest

I did just that. Reinstalled XP Home & SP2 and cannot image. I get an error
    similar to... "Could not write the image possibly because of poor media", the computer instantly shuts off bypassing the logoff screen! a few seconds after the message.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mr. E,

Please contact support@acronis.com regarding this problem.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.