Major Try & Decide Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mhallerman, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhallerman

mhallerman Registered Member

Under TI Home 11 under Vista Ultimate 32bit, invoked Try&Decide, then started the T&D feature and got the attached dialog with E0000100001 Attempt to use null reference. - all the other technical info there is below here:

Member invoke failed (0xE000B)
    path = "choose when tnd.State = 1: choose when decision=1: tnd.Apply when decision=2: set templates = Templates.Messenger; set params = templates.CreateParameters; params.Title('Acronis Try&Decide'); params.Message('You computer will now be rebooted and your system will be reverted to the state it was prior to starting the Try mode.'); params.Style(templates.Styles.Information); params.Buttons(templates.Buttons.Ok); GetMessenger.ShowMessage(params); tnd.Cancel end when tnd.State = 0: set regkey = GetObject('Registry').LocalMachine.OpenSubKey('Software\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Settings'); regkey.OpenValue('ProtectOnlySysPartition').Delete; regkey.CreateValue('ProtectOnlySysPartition', ProtectSystemPartition); set tndResult = tnd.Activate(ProtectSystemPartition); choose when tndResult: set state = select * from regkey.Values where $value.Name='TnDNotShowAgain' end; choose when state.IsValid: choose when state.Value.Value=0: set form=Suite.LoadForm('TryAndDecideStarted'); form.Parent(this); form.SetData('regkey', regkey); form.SetData('Verbs', Verbs); form.RunModal() end otherwise regkey.CreateValue('TnDNotShowAgain', false); set form=Suite.LoadForm('TryAndDecideStarted'); form.Parent(this); form.SetData('regkey', regkey); form.SetData('Verbs', Verbs); form.RunModal() end otherwise set form=Suite.LoadForm('TryAndDecideNotStarted'); form.Parent(this); form.RunModal() end end; this.>>>StopModal(1)",
    token = "StopModal",
    line = 1),
    column = 56E)
    Tag = 0x298D61E7C0088C8C
    Attempt to use null reference. (0x10001)
    Tag = 0xA05C4C827FD2D8F3

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mhallerman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

It seems that some additional information needs to be analysed for identifying the cause of this error.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with error screenshot, the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you

--
    Eugene Bogdanov

3. mhallerman

Will do that - thank you Eugene.

Regards,
    Mark.

4. mhallerman

Eugene,

Just submittted a ticket with the requested info. Note - when running the Acronis Rpt util got an error with that as well, though it did seem to create an output file which I also sent.

Regards,
    Mark.

Attached Files:

• err2.jpg
      err2.jpg
      File size:
      20.3 KB
      Views:
  5. Acronis Support

Hello mhallerman,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Thank you for your cooperation. We appreciate your collaboration on this matter. Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. mhallerman

Marat,

This is getting a bit silly - all I get are emails from different support reps asking me for the numbers and case history, which I keep supplying.

So far, there are two because of all the multiple reps [FONT=&quot]and seemingly not too much coordination:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Acronis #[/FONT][FONT=&quot]1179029
    Acronis #1178139

Regards,
    Mark.
    [/FONT]

7. mhallerman

Bump - any word Acronis guys/gals?

Thanks,
    Mark.

8. mhallerman

Well, now I'm convinced of something others have put forward - that Acronis is using the early adopters of TI 11, such as myself, as beta testers for a product not yet ready for release.

My message from Yuri at customer support this am told me to do the following to use Try & Decide:

1. Track changes on system partition only - I already use that option.
    2. Disable NOD32 - is he kidding?

Another very dissapointed customer in Acronis.

9. Acronis Support

Hello mhallerman,

Please notice that temporarily disabling NOD32 is needed to determine if the issue encountered is caused by compatibility problems with it. Then, depending of the outcome, we can proceed investigating the reason, or start solving the compatibility problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. mhallerman

Marat,

Very well, thank you. I will try that - but please note that it was quite unclear from the support response to me that this was a troubleshooting step only, so I could only read from the way it was worded that this was the proposed "solution".

Will attempt and let you know.

Thanks,
    Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.