"main automation server cant create object" error!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by scubaboy1962, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scubaboy1962

scubaboy1962 Guest

hello there! i just downloaded spyblaster and now i get a messege that keeps poping up it says " main automation server cant create object" i tried unstalling it and after uninstall it still is there wont go away! can someone please help me?

Richard

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

When is that message displayed - when you start Internet Explorer?

It sounds like SpywareBlaster may have prevented some spyware that is on your system from functioning, and a program trying to access that spyware component is having problems.

Please download Spybot S & D from: http://security.kolla.de
    Make sure to download updates, and then Scan your system for spyware.

Let me know if that error message goes away once you remove anything that's detected (red items). If so, I would recommend reinstalling SpywareBlaster! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. scubaboy1962

scubaboy1962 Guest

Hi there! i downloaded spyblaster and started having problems with this messege " main aution server cant create object" well i uninstalled spyblaster and it still does it! i have had spybot for some time now and have scaned the system! and even with out spyblaster it still comes up! spyblaster is uninstalled and i still get the messege it opens up only when i open internet explorer! thanks for the advice if you have some more it would be helpful! thanks much for your time!!

Richard

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Re:

Hi Richard,

Uninstalling SpywareBlaster does not remove its protections. You have to actually turn them off before uninstalling it. If you didn't do that, then you'll need to reinstall it and follow these instructions...

In SpywareBlaster's (version 2.6) screen, if you press "Deselect All" (1 in image) then "Remove Protection for Unchecked Items" (2), it will clear all the protections the program has set (the kill-bits and cookies blocks), and it will give you the message (3) that it has removed them. The items will all stay unchecked and red highlighted showing that all SpywareBlaster protects have been undone.

[​IMG]

Here is how this is done in SpywareBlaster's version 3 interface:

[​IMG]

At that point, you should test to see if you still have the problem. Let us know and we can move forward from there.

5. scubaboy1962

scubaboy1962 Guest

hey there!! low water mark it worked!! but!! when i reistall it goes back too the same thing when i run spybot it comes up ok! so what can i do next? i would like too keep spyblaster on because i know is is still proctecting me but that dang messege gets very annoying! thanks for your help you are all a great help!! let me know if you have any more ideas! thanks.

Richard

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Okay this is good... What this shows us is that one of the spyware items that SpywareBlaster protects against must be embedded on your system. As Javacool said with SpywareBlaster disabling it, you get that error (probably because it's dug in there deep).

The best thing to do at this point would be to post a HijackThis Log here, which may reveal the spyware to the experts that review these.

We have a separate section for log reviews, but posting it here in this thread should be okay, too. We'll move it later if necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.