MAil Security 4 blocks Symantec BackupExec email reports citing it as virus

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by tr1ck5t3r, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tr1ck5t3r

tr1ck5t3r Registered Member

Just installed Mail Security 4 and I noticed a number of emails the SBS 2003 premium server sends out from the backupexec (symantec backup program) are considered a virus and being blocked.

How do I stop this?

We are also running messagelabs to cut down on spam, so have the exchange server setup to communicate with the messagelabs servers via smtp both in and outgoing mail.

As a results genuine emails are being blocked by ESET so how do I stop ESET from rejecting them and how do we get the existing emails back that have been rejected some of them are orders which we dont want to lose?

TIA.

2. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

Hi tr1ck5t3r,

It is well known that anti-virus software may negatively impact backup jobs. If you haven't received any special directions from your backup software provider, then you'll need to exclude the main EXE of the backup program, as well as the program's working directory.

The exclusions have to be added to the real-time scanner. Please follow these instructions.

Note: You can find this option in EMSX within Advanced Settings >> Computer protection >> Exclusions.

Here's an article from Symantec regarding Backup Exec using B2D locations with antivirus installed:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH76327

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.