Mail.ru seeks to avoid prying NSA eyes in US expansion

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by FreddyFreeloader, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader Registered Member

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/311fabca-5090-11e3-befe-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2l8RgPGdB

If it ask you to sign up to view article and you don't wish to do so, go here:
    www.drudgereport.com

2. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

I expect to see more international businesses take advantage of this opportunity. But, for many there will always be a trust issue with Russian firms as there is with the Chinese. To those individuals, I would say that they can do no worse than what the NSA and others are doing, so why not give them a chance? The bigger issue is how can it be known for sure that these agencies will be avoided? The NSA has proven itself to be quite adept at digging into places where they have no real business being. I'm still pleased to see other businesses providing an alternative.

3. FreddyFreeloader

FreddyFreeloader Registered Member

Just because a server is outside Russia, USA, China, doesn't exclude the CEO of the company being threatened with criminal charges if he doesn't turn over the records being sought by those governments.

4. Dave0291

Dave0291 Registered Member

Indeed, see Megaupload, FreedomHost, among others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.